Friday, May 24, 2013
Monday, May 20, 2013
Oh weekend, why do you have to end so soon?
I can't complain too much, you were good to me.
Let's look back on you, shall we?
Saturday, we headed out to the big city of Bowling Green to try and find Mac some boots and a malibu blue dress for myself. It started out a little rainy, but ended up being a pretty awesome day! We hit up Steak and Shake and ahh, it was SO good!
After eating, we went to the mall to start our hunt. FAIL! We didn't make it home with either of them. Instead, Mac made me (yes, made me!!) pick out a pair of Tom's. He said he knew that I have been eyeing them for a long time and to just pick a color. I ended up with the crochet silver ones. Love them and him, of course!
I'm still looking for a malibu blue dress, just in case anyone out there has one that I can borrow, buy, rent, etc.
Sunday morning, I was Walmart's 10th customer at 7:45am! Okay, I don't know if I was number 10 or not, but the best time to go is super early. Check out the parking lot! Practically empty.
It was time for some house cleaning after Walmart. It definitely needed it. My kitchen floor actually got mopped. I swear it was whispering how much it loved me as I was cleaning it... :)
After inside house work, comes the outside work! Mac had me mow the back yard while he weedeated and let me just comment on how awesome of a job I did. I'm nearly a professional!
I also took some time to work on what used to be my closet room. We are making it into an actual bedroom. You can see a before picture here. It looks so different without my clothes hanging there. It has been miserable trying to fit all of my clothes in two tiny closets. Not really sure why I even have all these clothes. I don't wear half of them, but I'm afraid that I might need them one day.
Happy Monday, ya'll!
Here's to what's hopefully going to be a great week! :)
Friday, May 17, 2013
2. Wedding Craft Wednesday! I posted this on Instagram on Wednesday while I was working on some DIY wedding decor. I'm so excited to show this to ya'll when it's finished.
3. Puppy time! Booney is almost healed back up. He's getting around so good now,
but we are keeping him very limited on his play time.
5. Mac's youngest niece (my soon to be) graduated from Kindergarten last week. We're so proud of her! She's a little spit fire for sure. You never know what she might say.
Well, my sister has called me out on not blogging very much lately, so I'm going to try and step up my game this next week. Hali, you better watch out!
Ya'll have a good weekend and I hope it's not rainy where you are...
because we are going to be getting our upteenth weekend in a row with rain!
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
...but I've already received my first Mother's Day gift!
A big thanks to my boss who couldn't leave me out beings I'm the only one in the office who isn't a mother.
She gave us all a beautiful azalea bush!
Now let me tell ya, I'm no green thumb. Mac and I haven't even bought our first plant, flower, or shrub for our house. When we moved in, things had already been planted so we've been tending to those for the last 5 years. It was so exciting to have something to finally plant! Or should I say I was excited for Mac to plant it, lol! I can't take any credit, he did all the work.
After a little help from Brutus and Booney, Mac had our first little azalea bush planted!
I've added a little watering can to my Dollar Store list!
I've got some watering to do!!
**Hope all you mothers out there had a really special Mother's Day!!**
I know mine did ;) ;)
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
2. Lysol foam hand wash. If you like Bath and Body Works foam hand soap then you will like this too!
It has a really good smell and feels so silky. I'm anxious to try another scent.
I received this for free from BzzAgent.com. If you're not a BzzAgent yet, you're missing out!
Who doesn't like free products to try out?
3. Tone body wash. I picked this up at Wal-Mart last weekend because I was out of body wash.
I've used the Tone brand before and really liked it.
Although, the last time I was desperate for body wash I went to the Dollar Store
and got the Soft Soap brand.
It made my skin SO dry so I was really happy when it ran out.
This new scent from Tone has been heavenly and
my skin has never felt softer after getting out of the shower.
4. Maybelline's The Falsies mascara. I was in dyer (dier?) need of some new mascara. The ol' Mary Kay kind just wasn't cutting it any more. I had read several reviews from other bloggers on this product and they love it. Well, that just meant I had to try it. :) And they were right! The first time I used it, oh my gosh !!!, my lashes didn't look real (in a good way). The only downfall I have with it, is it stays on my lashes for days. Or is that really a problem?! I like to have nice clean lashes after I wash my face.
Any recommendations on how to get this stuff off in one washing?
What are you loving lately? Any new products you'd like to recommend?
I'd love to hear them!
Monday, May 6, 2013
This weekend can be summed up in one word.... RAIN.
Ugh, I am seriously so over it.
Bring on the sunshine, warmth, and summertime!!
We are a few days into May, so I better go ahead and reflect back on April
just to see how good/bad my 2013 goals are going.
- Operation: decorate home. In a frugal way. I really hoped to finish painting my laundry room this month, butttt that didn't happen. I did get the double doors to the back deck painted with a fresh coat of white paint and they look SOOO much better. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get the laundry room painted in May.
- Get my money's worth out of my closet. I ended up not buying anything in April clothing wise! I am currently on the hunt for some outfits for our engagement pictures and a dress I can wear to a wedding in June.
- Continue writing on my blog. I'm still here. :) Not to often in April though. :(
- No credit card use. SUCCESS!!!! Heck yes!!
- Cook supper 200 out of 365 days. In January, I cooked supper 21 days. February, I cooked 15 days. March, I cooked 17 days! April, 19 days! So far I've cooked 72 days in 2013.
- Workout at home. I finished the 30 day squat challenge that I was working on last month. Since then, I've continued doing squats and arm weights. I'm just not much of a worker-outer lol!
- Earn some gift cards on Swagbucks. I earned $5 in Amazon gift cards for April, making my total $30. I may need to use these toward some new shoes to go with the dress I mentioned above.
- Keep my Alexa rank dropping. I didn't check this any in March or during April, so I'm forgetting it for now. It won't be on my update next month.
- Plan/have a wedding! Still in the process. You can read about the plans we've made so far here and follow my Pinterest board here. I've started on some DIY decor too. I plan on having a post on that this month. Wedding planning is HARD!
- Take a vacation/honeymoon. Still emailing some places. VRBO.com is awesome! (Booking this today!!!!!!!!!!)
- Sew, crochet, and be more creative. Right now my creative-ness is having to go into my wedding decor. Which you will see soon!
Okay, it's May and I've got to get with it!